We are working with the founder of an imminent IPO Pharmaceutical company, based in Boston, to identify a Controller. They will be filing in the first week of January and will wrap up their final round of financing mid February. They have 3 consultants in place who handle the day to day accounting, finance and the S1 process.
They are pioneering a first in-class treatment for rare genetic disorders linked to obesity. There is no other drug of its kind. It is in phase 2 clinical trial and showing promising results thus far.
They recently raised $40M in an oversubscribed financing. OrbiMed, Deerfield Management, Wellington Management Company, and an unpublished public healthcare co joined their already highly established investors.
This is an exciting time to join this company as they are working on a ground breaking drug. The Controller will really have the opportunity to build the team from the ground up.
Brief Overview of the Role:
- Coordinate and maintain monthly/annual close
- Develop and implement goals, policies, procedures and best practices related to accounting and financial reporting.
- Coordinate the preparation quarterly and annual filings (forms 10K and 10Q)
- Coordinate SOX documentation
- Identify, develop and mentor staff
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- Advanced degree (MBA, MSA) and/or CPA highly desirable
- 8+ years of directly related experience. Looking for someone with public accounting in their background. Also needs to have direct experience with SEC Reporting. Ideally someone coming out of a small public company or has large public company experience and currently in a start up environment.
- Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Life Science experience required.
- Must have experience working for a publicly traded company