Staff opportunity with a publicly traded company in the Galleria
Our client is a publicly traded industry leader with corporate headquarters in the Post Oak/Galleria area. The company culture is one of entrepreneurship, high performance leadership, ownership and partnership both in principle and practice at every level. This company strives to be the best in everything they do. If you are looking to surround yourself with the best talent that competes and wins as a team, this is a fantastic place to advance your accounting career.
Position Description – Staff Accountant
The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager. The Staff Accountant role is responsible for assisting with the monthly closing and preparation of monthly financial statements in order to support the growth of the business and Company’s overall mission.
- The Staff Accountant will assist with the monthly close and review of monthly financial statements for a segment of the business.
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations identifying proposed adjustments, processing errors, and work with other departments to get them resolved.
- Identify necessary process improvements and work to get them implemented.
- Review cash reconciliations and verify they tie to the general ledger, the bank statement and balance to zero. Record any necessary adjustments.
- Satisfy audit requests.
- Special Projects & other duties as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits
Strong compensation package including base salary, and a variety of benefits including medical dental, prescription and vision insurance; vacation, sick and holiday pay; employee stock purchase plan; 401K retirement plan, and professional training.
Senior Accountant Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this role is a naturally curious learner, an entrepreneurial self-starter, a collaborative communicator with a service-leadership mentality. A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required, with a minimum of 1-4 years’ experience in the field.
Preferred but not required – Desire to obtain CPA license
Office Location Houston Post Oak/Galleria