Manager of Financial Reporting
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- Our client is a Leader in the Energy Sector! This industry leader is headquartered in San Antonio and are in the process of developing a huge project with major impacts nationwide. This organization strives to build sources of green power generation, create jobs and increase U.S. energy independence. With long standing agreements with major power players & many projects developing nationwide, our client is looking to grow & strengthen their team with a Manager of Financial Reporting! If you want to see your contributions make an impact on a national scale, join this outstanding vision & mission today!
OVERVIEW OF THE MANAGER OF FINANCIAL REPORTING:
- My client is looking for an accomplished MANAGER OF FINANCIAL REPORTING who will be responsible for the preparation of both external financial statements and internal management reporting needs. The individual in this position will also ensure compliance with evolving accounting policies and provide interpretation and documentation of technical accounting issues as they arise.
Some people like to jump out of planes or run a marathon; you enjoy preparing cash flow statements, account reconciliations, and group consolidations.
That’s how you get your adrenaline flowing.
You don’t just “know” Financial Reporting, you OWN Financial Reporting!
We are looking for a superstar….An experienced Manager of Financial Reporting-You don’t need to be managed, you don’t have to be informed how to do it…YOU are the BOSS when it comes to Financial Reporting!
We need someone who learns lightning fast & thrives on an ever changing, dynamic environment. Manager of Financial Reporting needs very little hand-holding, and jumps right in – after careful analysis of course. Someone who can take the time – but is mindful of deliverables – to truly understand our business and the variables that impact it. We need a critical thinker and a seasoned independent learner. Someone with all the skills to get the technical accounting work done, and the mindset to know how to put the pieces together: A MASTER Manager of Financial Reporting.
There are many reasons why this role should appeal to you…
- The business is growing and the role offers genuine career potential. This is not a typical financial reporting role that is routine and monotonous. The work will unquestionably be varied and therefore exciting & challenging. Our client is highly motivated to develop & grow the business, creating a long term opportunity for growth within the company. You are highly unlikely to find boredom an issue. The rewards are attractive with a competitive base compensation, bonus and benefits, with a comprehensive Relocation Package for the right individual!
RESPONSIBILITES OF THE MANAGER OF FINANCIAL REPORTING:
- Prepare quarterly, annual and other financial statements as required
- Assist with quarterly audit and review of financial information
- Research and prepare technical memorandums that document and ensure compliance with new accounting and financial reporting guidance
- Draft and document applicable accounting policies
- Review pending business transactions and prepare accounting and financial reporting required as well as explain accounting requirements to the management team
- Prepare calculations as required to support quarterly and annual reviews of impairment, fair value and other related GAAP analysis
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Report month to month activity and variances to budget and provide appropriate analysis and supporting details
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE MANAGER OF FINANCIAL REPORTING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; advanced degree or MBA a plus
- 7 or more years of Accounting experience, top 10 accounting firm experience a plus
- Big 4 experience and CPA or CPA track preferred
- Background in Manufacturing, Construction and/or Renewable industry a plus
- Experience with preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- ADVANCED Cash flow preparation
- Group Consolidations
- Strong Knowledge of US GAAP required
- Research ability on complex accounting issues
- Strong technical accounting knowledge & experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Self-starter with effective interpersonal skills.
- Oracle experience preferred.