– 5+ years accounting experience and preferably Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains software experience
– The ideal candidate for this role will have a bachelor’s degree in a business related field, preferably accounting, and 5+ years’ experience working in an accounting role. The ability and desire to obtain CPA licensure is desirable.
– Assist in leading the support of the accounting department in all phases of corporate accounting, including monthly close of general ledger and the compilation of financial statements and reports for assigned companies.
– Responsible for knowing and understanding all processing duties within the company’s Great Plains G/L system, including coordinating journal entries, posting interface runs and entries, and performing research.
– Monthly close process ensuring all sub ledger departments have closed, all close journal entries have been recorded, and the generation of preliminary financial statements for subsidiary companies. For assigned companies, this person will perform in-depth financial analysis on a monthly basis and serve as the primary accounting contact person with the business leaders.
– Recognizes and escalates urgent/sensitive issues to controller.
– Assist with completion of management reporting and variance reporting.