My client, a global leader in the design & production of trade show exhibits is hiring a Staff Accountant for their headquarters in Sugar Land, TX! Starting salary will be $40-45K with annual increases based on performance.
- Quickbooks – THIS IS A MUST!!
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- 1-5 years of accounting experience
- Open to doing more than just a job description (this person will handle general accounting-ap, ar, payroll, and some HR duties)
- Someone who is looking for a long-term position
- Decent tenure (the controller has been with the company for 12+ years; she started as a Staff Accountant out of school and worked her way up)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; would consider other Bachelor’s degrees
- Good communicator, but not a “Chatty Cathy”; they need to be able to read people’s personalities and work with them accordingly
- Someone who is outgoing, can handle stress, and work with little supervision (their direct supervisor works out of state, so they go back and forth on the phone)
- AP, AR, Payroll – booking entries & some processing
- Most of the duties will probably be AP; approvals, check runs
- They may have to cover some front desk duties- they split this up among the staff and they take turns manning the desk during the lunch hour
- Could be promoted to Staff Accounting Manager
Interested? Contact me directly! email@example.com