Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
3 to 5 years of professional experience, preferably a mix of public accounting and industry
Master’s degree in Accounting or similar advanced degree
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
Strong understanding of PeopleSoft ERP
Working knowledge of Hyperion Planning and Essbase
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze Company operating results and develop revenue/expense variance reports and presentations for internal and external reporting.
• Liaise with business unit management to provide accounting support and management information analysis and recommendations.
• Participate in the month-end close process and support monthly close activities.
• Perform & review account reconciliations and journal entries to ensure accuracy and validity of accounting transactions and company books and records.
• Perform special projects as assigned by management including design and implementation of internal financial reporting, identifying process improvement opportunities and suggesting potential solutions.
• Respond to internal and external auditor requests for support documentation.
• Support effective operation of company internal controls.
• Application of GAAP, internal accounting procedures and best practices in support of structured financial control environment.
Minimum Requirements for this position
• Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
• Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems.
• Working knowledge of document control systems and databases.
• Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
• Effective communication, team working and organizational skills. Good interpersonal skills.
• Work effectively independently or as part of a team on projects.