I have 3 other ways to get my blog updates…..besides actually following this blog.
- Are we linked on LinkedIn? Invite me! email@example.com
- Do you follow me on twitter? @
- Or do you prefer Facebook? https://www.facebook.com/CPARecruiterHouCFS
Industry News and Updates
I recently had the opportunity to attend the Regional Forecasting Symposium put on by the C.T. Bauer College of Business in May. I love attending events like these, because I can share all the latest information with my candidates and clients about our local economy. At this event, Robert Gilmer discussed how oil & gas prices have impacted us in the past and will continue to in the future.
Here are some of the interesting things I learned:
- In 2013 Houston has experienced the largest average income growth since 1969
- This is not the oil bust of 1982. The construction boom is making up for this.
- The price of oil has dropped simply because of weak demand and excessive supply. Production has more than doubled in the US.
- 65 dollars seems to be the sweet spot where most companies can make money and we can enjoy low gas prices.
- Best case scenario: we are back to 65 dollars in 2016; worst case scenario: 70 dollars a barrel in 2020
- The great oil boom is over, for now.
- Our unemployment rate in Houston is still lower than the U.S.
- Energy jobs have led Houston growth over the past decade.
- As a result to low natural gas prices, there is a new boom in the petrochemical industry.
- There is also a 138 Billion dollar construction boom due to the cheap energy and exports prices.
In conclusion, it was determined that due to the construction and petrochemical growths, we will see the East side of Houston (blue collar) outperform the West side of Houston (white collar). This construction boom should take us through 2017.
See you again in August!
- National / Houston Unemployment rate:6/4.0
- Price of Oil:$59.47 (last year $102)
- Oil Rig Count:889 (last year 1859)
- Industries hiring:Construction, Construction, Engineering & Construction, Some E&P, Manufacturing & Consumer Goods
- Positions in demand:Staff and Senior Accountants, Public Accounting Tax, Project and Cost Accountants
- 8 Things Every Person Should Do Before 8 A.M. By Benjamin Hardy: http://wp.me/puDjI-Rs
- Most of our openings are posted at: https://dianedelgadolemaire.wordpress.com/
- Houston’s Job Growth: http://www.houston.org/business/houston-job-growth/
- Full Time – Consultant – Transactions Advisory Services – All Levels!!!!
- Full Time – Consultant – Financial Advisory Services – All Levels!!!!!
- Hyperion Financial Analyst – HFM, Hyperion or Smartview experience – 1 to 2 years of experience!!!!
- Inventory Accounting Senior Manager – Pre-IPO company!
- Sales& Use Tax Accountant – staff and senior
- Controller – Healthcare Staffing – SW Houston
- AP Manager – SAP experience!!!!!
- Staff Accountant – Hobby Airport
- Senior Corporate Accountant – Galleria – Big 4 exp.
- Senior Corporate Accountant – Galleria – public accounting experience
- Fixed Asset Accountant – Galleria
- Public Accounting Tax and Audit – All levels
- Senior Accountant – Cost – Katy
- SEC Reporting Director – DT
- Project Accounting Manager – Dallas
- E&P Controller – North Houston
- VP Finance – E&P and PE experience – North Houston
- SEC Senior Accountant – DT
- Financial Analyst – Woodlands – Big 4 Experience required
- Staff Accountant – Cypress
- Assistant Controller – Cypress
- Financial Analyst – Greenway Plaza – Modeling
- Staff Accountant – Katy
- Entry level Accountant – Sugar Land
- Senior Accountant – Consolidations – Westchase
- Audit Senior – E&P – DT
- AP Manager – Construction – North
- Senior Budget Accountant – DT
- HR Supervisor – WestChase
- Staff Auditor – heavy domestic travel – will look at new grads with audit internships
- International Tax Manager
San Antonio Searches:
- Corporate Accounting Manager
- Sales Auditor
- Audit Manager – Industry
- Financial Analyst – Treasury
- Controller – small company
- Controller – Manufacturing
- Senior Auditor – Industry
- Tax Staff and Senior – Public Accounting
Diane Delgado LeMaire | Senior Managing Director, Executive Search & Branch Manager | Creative Financial Staffing (CFS) 5718 Westheimer Suite 800, Houston, Texas 77057 T: 713.490.6003| firstname.lastname@example.org | www.cfstaffing.com |