The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Education and/or Experience:
CPA, bachelor’s degree (B. A.), in accounting; healthcare experience essential; public accounting experience a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department.
- Prepare monthly board packages and annual financial statements with footnotes.
- Implement, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures for compliance with company P&P.
- Monitor compliance with lenders financial covenants.
- Prepare and submit to the bank the company’s calculation of the monthly A/R borrowing base.
- Primary contact for company’s annual audit.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze new accounting pronouncements and document as appropriate the company’s adoption of such pronouncement/s.
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions.
- Perform analytical review on balance sheet and income statement and explain significant changes or fluctuations.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Calculate the company’s estimate of monthly revenue utilizing data extracted from the company’s practice management system.
- Calculate and record federal and state tax provisions.
- Work with tax consultants to provide data for the preparation of the company’s tax returns.
- Prepare monthly consolidation, including supporting schedules.