Seeking Project Controller for a high profile multi-million dollar project with an international multi-billion dollar construction company!
Must have knowledge of all accounting functions & Construction Job Cost. Must also be proficient in computer software systems for the preparation of reports, spreadsheets and other accounting analysis that may be required.
- Responsible for maintenance of all operating accounts including deposits, disbursements and partner’s capital. Monitor daily cash balances in operating bank accounts to cover obligations.
- Prepare monthly and annual cash projection reports in addition to bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager(s) on a monthly/ quarterly basis to prepare updated cost estimates to complete actual V. projected revenue, profit, billings and collections, and to accurately charge and code invoices to proper Job Cost and General Ledger.
- Complete federal and state payroll tax returns and necessary deposits to bank.
- Accrue, prepare and remit appropriate sales taxes as necessary. Process and review all AP and subcontractors payments.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly aged trial balances, job cost summary schedules according to percentage of completion, supporting schedules for month-end close, including but not limited Cost reports, Work in Progress and Financial Statements.
- Participates in the development of the work breakdown structure, interfacing with Procurement, Engineering, and Finance Departments.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s financial policies and procedures to include revenue recognition policies and project set up rules. Support year- end external and internal audit.
- Posting transactions as needed via the general ledger including but not limited adjusting journal entries.
- Review construction contracts for obligations related to accounting, insurance and operations.
– Bachelors in Accounting, CPA preferred.
– Bachelors in Business or Finance w/ a concentration in Construction
– 10- 15 years of progressive accounting experience
– 3 years in construction accounting