ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close while ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Prepare analyses for SEC reporting and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
- Record cash transactions and prepare accruals.
- Perform other routine accounting tasks related to certain properties
- Assist with preparation of Land Models for certain properties, including preparation of step charts, detailed land sales and development schedules.
- Provide assistance with quarterly/annual SEC filings and internal/external audits.
- Assist with annual budgets.
- In conjunction with the Accounting Manager or Controller, assist in preparing periodic forecast updates.
- Provide support with special projects and other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of accounting experience required.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards general ledger application and Hyperion Financial Management consolidation and reporting tools is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles and practices.
- Advanced to expert in accounting information systems.
- Ability to manage complex matters or processes.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant or CPA candidate preferred