1. Assist Controller with month end close, including reconciliation of various general ledger accounts and preparation of various monthly journal entries.
2. Review GL for posting errors and make corrections as needed.
3. Reconcile inventory accounts at month end and review manufacturing variances.
4. Review journal entries prepared by other members of the accounting team.
5. Track fixed assets by project number and review for accuracy. Enter assets in FAS and reconcile to GL. Calculate depreciation and book in GL.
6. Variance analysis of general ledger accounts
7. Assist Controller with audit schedule preparation.
8. Prepare various spreadsheets for management.
9. Keep track of all corporate assets and enter them in system and reconcile with general ledger.
10. Review balance sheet reconciliations prepared by other members of the accounting team.
11. Assist Controller with maintaining budgets.
12. Perform any needed tasks requested by Controller and CFO.
Skills and Experience:
Accounting or Finance Degree
3-5 years of experience in industry or public accounting
Experience with accounting software
Computer literate including Microsoft Excel and Word