Accounts Receivable Manager
• Ensure the efficient and effective processing of the Accounts Receivable functions, including revenue transactions, revenue reporting, inter-company (I/C) reporting, collections and reconciliation of the A/R and I/C sub-ledgers
• Ownership for the monthly AR close process including reconciliation of the A/R sub-ledger to the General Ledger.
• Ownership for the monthly I/C A/R & A/P close process including reconciliation of the I/C A/R and A/P sub-ledgers to the General Ledger.
• Supervise collection staff in collection activities including follow-up with clients regarding past-due invoices, researching client invoice disputes and keeping track of client payments and proper allocation to their accounts.
• Work in close cooperation with the Operations invoicing team to rapidly identify issues behind any client invoice disputes and notify Operations team of corrective action(s) necessary.
• Handle all I/C, A/R and revenue related audit requests.
• Oversee processing of credit applications for new customers, credit references, etc.
• Review and approve internal credit and debit memos to ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or Business(or equivalent work experience)
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Accounting theory, standards and principles
• Minimum of 5 years Accounts Receivable/Collections related work experience in a publicly traded organization strongly desired; energy industry experience a plus
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimum daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
• Highly organized and detail oriented in work processes; analytical in nature
• Self-motivated, conscientious; ability to maintain confidentiality of information
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office experience and skills