Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for assessing and auditing the company’s ongoing sustainable internal control compliance program and monitoring the control environment to drive a culture of integrity driven performance
· Develop and implement strategic and tactical elements of a world-class monitoring system of internal controls
· Drive consistency and standardization of global Finance policies & procedures by teaming with regional and country finance organizations.
· Develop process maps of significant financial processes, identifying control points within the process and reducing redundant or non-effective controls
· For design or operating control deficiencies work with the local finance team to design solutions which may require evaluation of existing processes and developing appropriate revisions to the process, such as improvements to policies and procedures, enhanced competencies, improved reports, more robust methodologies, or system upgrades
· Evaluate IT general controls to insure controls are in place related to security, testing and implementing changes to the computer environment and adequacy of computer controls (programmed controls with no user verification of the results of processing)
· Interact and influence at all levels of the organization to promote best in class processes and controls
· Implement testing plans that ensure sufficiency of controls, safeguarding of assets, and promotes compliance with the Company’s code of conduct, applicable laws and regulations. Liaison with internal audit in relations to their internal audit fieldwork
· Assist in performing initial reviews and risk assessment of potential acquisition candidates
· Develop and conduct internal control training within the organization to promote an integrity driven culture and maintain an awareness of the program.
· Minimum 5 years experience related to internal or external audit, and/or SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley 404) implementations
· Certified Public Accountant , Degree in Accounting or Finance
· ERP system knowledge, Computer Audit fundamentals, COSO framework familiarity
· Ability to travel within the Americas region as needed is essential; up to 30%- 40% travel expected
· Bi-lingual a must due to Latin America interactions