A little end of the day humor…….
The Top 10 Accountant Resume Mistakes
July 28, 2014
By Rick Telberg
Hard to believe some of them. But the folks at Accountemps insist they “recently went on an archeological dig into the archives and unearthed a treasure trove of accounting-related resume mistakes.”
Here are the 10 all-time favorites:
1. “SKILLS: Familiar with all faucets of accounting.”
Accountant by day, plumber by night.
2. “JOB DUTIES: Tax preparer: I prepared client taxes for the 2007 tax year. I provided superior in-person customer service using the telephone.”
He may need a better definition of ‘in-person.’
3. “OBJECTIVE: My dream job would be as a professional baseball player, but since I can’t do that, I’ll settle on being an accountant.”
Your enthusiasm is overwhelming.
4. “JOB DUTIES: Account retaliation.”
We really hope you meant accountreconciliation.
5. “WORK EXPERIENCE: Senior accountant (2009 – president).”
A CEO in the making.
6. “QUALIFICATIONS: I have a college degree and seventy years of experience with QuickBooks Pro software.”
She’s always been ahead of her time.
7. “JOB HISTORY: Accountant assistant (Intern Ship).”
Does that mean you have boatloads of experience?
8. “JOB DUTIES: I peppered customers’ tax returns.”
He puts the seasoning in tax season.
9. “OBJECTIVE: To obtain a payroll position with a financial organization. To gain a job in the ever-growing design field.”
Which is it?
10. “PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Accountand.”
Hopefully, you’re more accurate with numbers than you are words.