The basic function of this position is to process payroll and reconcile GL accounts related to payroll.
This position requires communication with all departments of and its subsidiaries, Paycom personnel and various government agencies.
Specific Work Performed:
1. Payroll Specialist – Review timecards and payroll register for accuracy and make adjustments as needed. Sort and distribute payroll checks to various facilities.
2. Assist Controller and Assistant Controller with month end close, including reconciliation of various general ledger accounts and preparation of various monthly journal entries.
3. Preparation of monthly analysis schedules including:
a. Revenue per Labor Hour
b. Daily and weekly labor reports
c. End of month payroll accrual
4. Daily bank reconciliation for the payroll bank account.
5. Assist Controller with audit schedule preparation.
6. Assist Assistant Controller with various spreadsheets for management.
7. Perform any needed tasks requested by CFO, Controller and Assistant Controller.
Skills and Experience:
Accounting Degree or 3-5 years experience in industry
Experience with accounting software
Computer literate including Microsoft Excel and Word
Must be able to work in fast paced environment
Overtime required for first week of the month and various other times depending on work load