ABOUT THE POSITION
Our client is currently seeking to add a high-caliber Accountant to their team within their real estate division. This position offers a great work environment and significant opportunity for advancement !!!
- Candidates must possess a passion for commercial real estate and learning opportunities.
- The position will require heavy GL accounting, the ability to deliver presentations, and frequent interaction with the real-estate team (sales/brokers).
- Will be involved in audits, annual budgeting, real estate market research, and inter-company research
The client is an investment management services company engaged in the management of public and private equity, real estate, oil and gas interests and a number of private investment partnerships.
- Prepare and enter journal entries into the accounting system (Microsoft Dynamics SL)
- Reconcile general ledger and subsidiary accounts
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules
- Review and reconcile project and/or special reports
- Analyze project costs as needed
- Support internal/external audit activities
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Prepare real estate budgets
- Review closing statements for accuracy
- Calculate property tax prorations
- Code/track invoices and property tax bills/accounts
- Record real estate sales and purchases
- Prepare quarterly PowerPoint report to update investors on investment performance
- Prepare Purchase and Sale Agreement summaries
- BBA – Accounting (CPA preferred)
- Must possess a passion for commercial real estate.
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience
- Proficient in Excel and knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Extremely detail oriented and a self-starter.
- Proven track record as an effective team player and good interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills.